Monday, September 5, 2011

Bemidji, MN

Last weekend we went to Bemidji, MN to help our Aunt and Uncle, Dana and Dean, celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary! Here we are enjoying a bonfire in their backyard, prior to checking into our hotel.
We loved walking along Lake Bemidji looking for shells, watching the boats, and helping Adrian collect unique rocks for his science homework.
It didn't take long for the kids to beg mommy to take them for a swim in the pool. Our favorite part was the connected indoor/outdoor hot tub.
The kiddie pool was pretty fun too!



We wanted to rent this bicycle made for six, but for some reason Mom didn't think that sounded like a fun idea without Daddy here! :)
The next morning we woke up, had a nice breakfast, got ready, and went for a walk on the beach before checking out of our room.
Adrian hard at work doing some more rock collecting.
Kierra going for a walk on the dock!
Jaxon enjoyed skipping rocks into the lake. AKA... throwing many rocks into the lake one by one, overhand! LOL
Kameron and Jayden spend their time looking for mini sea shells to make necklaces with!

Next it was time for a brief visit with our new lumberjack friend, Paul Bunyan... and Babe his blue ox!



Before we went to the Anniversary Party we stopped by Uncle Tom and Aunt Sally's house for a brief visit and card game. While Mommy was playing cards, Uncle Tom took us down by the lake to catch frogs... YES frogs.... in their party clothes! This was the last picture I took of the weekend, since my battery on my camera died and I didn't bring the charger with!

All in all it was a wonderful weekend! Any time there is a reason to go back to Bemidji, MN, it makes me excited, since that is where both of my grandparents lived when I was a child. Many of my childhood memories with my family were made there, and I want to share that with my own children! Happy 40th Anniversary Dana and Dean! Thanks for the fun weekend!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you all had a great time!!!!! Next time I need to get up there with you guys!

    ReplyDelete